Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dearth of a Salesman..

So, here's a little poem I wrote while contemplating my elbow...

Away out west where the earth meets the sky
There once roamed a man named Willie Devry
He was a wandrin’ man, wore a suit and a tie
Had a case of brushes for someone to buy

Staggered into town one hot fine day
Tryin’ to make a buck and earn his pay
Knocked on my door and I heard him say,
“Buy my brushes or I’ll be on my way.”

The price he quoted was a dollar and a cent
But I hadn’t any money, it had all been spent
I told him so and away he went
World’s never seen a more honest gent

Away out west where the earth meets the sky
There still roams a man named Willie Devry
He’s a wandrin’ man, wears a suit and a tie
Has a case of brushes for someone to buy

Never could get the hang of elbows...
I'm Karl Fogsen.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment