Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Writer's block...

My muse and I stood by the Well of Creativity.  I peered into the well searching for inspiration but saw nothing but darkness there.  Solemnly I grasped the well’s crank and lowered the bucket of my thoughts.  The rope played out to its end and there was a faint clunk from within the well.  I began to reel in the slackened cord.  Shortly, the bucket had returned to us but was filled with nothing but dust. 
  I looked to my muse.  She shrugged at me and grinned a sheepish grin.  She turned to go.  A mad impulse over took me.  I grabbed her, throttled her, and threw her into the well.  As she disappeared into the blackness I heard her cry;
“You’re welcoooooooooome!”
And there was a splash from the well.


I am Karl Fogsen.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment